Sunday, July 27, 2014

Time to experiment


Good morning all.  I'm back with my weekly post for bee crafty.  I am definitely in holiday mode now, I've been experimenting this week with gesso.  My mum has asked me to do a canvas for her :-/ but still feel I need lots of practise with different mediums so I am trying out lots of things on a smaller scale.


For this card I have used:




I applied a thin coat of gesso to my card (I used a thin piece of chipboard) and dried and then added the gesso a bit thicker with a pallets knife and played with it until I achieved the desired texture. I let this dry for a while on its own and then helped it along a bit with my heat gun.  Once dried I sprayed with my chosen colours of dylusions and dried.  Using the stencil I sprayed water which lightens the stencilled area I then left this to dry.  Once dried I stamped and heat embossed the life sentiment then I stamped the leaves and maidenhair stamps in black ink.  I applied a small amount of glaze from my stash to the outer edges of the shape.  To give the leaves some dimension I added glossy accents and some glitter and then just glossy accents to the maiden hair


Thank you for taking the time  to read  my post.  I am going to make sure I try something a little different each week now.  It certainly helps to keep crafting interesting.  I have tried lots of things in the past that hasn't always been successful but I don't let it put me off trying again.

Happy crafting,

Big hugs, 
Clare. X x x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...