Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Marleen DT - Happy birthday

Morning everyone..

Once again wednesday and time for my slot for 

For today I've had a little play to try a new tecnique. I saw it somewhere, god knows where (sorry) but it stuck in my mind and I just HAD to try.
Basically its mirri card that is embossed and then painted before sanding..
Let me add the pics and talk it through as we go..

 Finished card..

 Here we go. Its a bit easier to explain with a photo.
I started by cutting a piece of red cardstock to fit my card blank. Then cut a sheet of red mirri card to fit leaving a border of the red cardstock to be shown.
I then took the mirri card and ran through my big shot with a butterfly embossing folder.
Once embossed I took a paint dabber with silver paint and dabbed it over the mirri card till it was fully covered and left it to fully dry.
Once paint was fully dry i took a sanding block and rubbed it over the paint till the red mirri card started to show through.

And then to my sentiment. I wanted to really make an impact with it, but its only a little stamp.
I used the "Happy Birthday / With Love" WORDage stamp from the Bee Crafty Store.
So I cut a panel of the red card and stamped, stamped and stamped lol..
Once all dry, I layered it all up and finished with gems and a felt butterfly.

I really love how this card came out. I love pulling out "old and used" goodies and giving them new life. And to combine them with something new, as I did with a new tecnique, only just makes it better.

And that is all from me for today.
Many thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...