Friday, December 04, 2015

Emily DT - Never Regret

Hi everyone! Today's card is done using one of my favourite techniques.

Here is the card


I used a piece of canvas paper for the background. I like using it as it has texture and I like the effect when you stamp onto it.
I stamped the Upright Rectangle frame sideways and used one of my favourite Wordage stamps, Never Regret (large). I stamped them in black pigment ink and heat embossed them in clear.

I then picked my rainbow colours in distress ink and I have a 'go to' list.
They are:
Barn door
Spiced marmelade
Scattered straw
Mowed lawn
Salty ocean
Dusty concord
Seedless preserves.

I used some of each ink and applied it with a paintbrush and water to create a watercolour effect. I let the colours all blend together.


Once it was dry I trimmed the edges and mounted it onto black card. A card blank and a few black gems just finished it off.

Hope you like it!

Emily x

1 comment:

Polly May said...

I love your choice of colours, they look very pretty together. I shall definitely be making a note of them to use. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...