Monday, August 29, 2016

DT Kerrie - Christmas Star

Hiya and Welcome to my Monday Post for Bee Crafty

Today I am sharing with you one of my Christmas makes using some of the gorgeous 'Yuletide' stamps that were on a recent show on Hochanda


I chose a 7x7inch cardblank and trimmed a piece of white cardstock to a few mm smaller using the cardblank and a pencil to mark the size and then trimmed using a guilotine. I also cut another piece of white cardstock to 6x6inch. 

On the large piece I stamped the larger 'Holly Border' from the 'Yuletide Set - Holly Swirl, Tree & Borders' around the edge first in clear embossing ink which I then heat embossed with clear embossing powder and a heat gun, then using Stormy Sky distress ink. Once dry I thnem inked over the edges using Tumbled Glass and Black Soot distress inks.

On the 6x6inch piece of white card I fixed the 6inch Inkables Template '6inch Star' using low-tack tape and inked through it using Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Stormy Sky distress inks starting with the lightest. I then stamped the 'Happy Christmas' Yuletide - Wordage stamp using black archival ink. I stamped ariund the edges using the smaller 'Holly Border' (from the Yuletide Set again) firstly using Tumbled Glass and then using Black Soot distress inks. I then ran a foam pad that had been used with Black Soot ink accross the edges.

I matted both pieces of white cardstock using Navy Blue pearlescent cardstock. I fixed the larger panel to the front of the 7x7 inch card blank using all purpose glue. I fixed the 6x6 panel to the card front using foam tape for depth. I finished the card with some flat back clear gems.

Thank You so much for visiting today - please come back to the Bee Crafty Blog again soon for more Gorgeous makes by the Amazing Design Team

Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...