Monday, November 28, 2016

DT Kerrie - Painty Dreams

Hiya and Welcome to my Monday Post for Bee Crafty

Today I am sharing with you a recent make for the Hochanda Show's with Our Bev

 
I used one of the medium MDF Tags which I painted first with white gesso to give a nice surface to stamp and ink onto... I use a brush so I get a nice brush stroke texture.

Next I inked the tag using Spun Sugar distress ink and my Bee Crafty Blending Mat in the middle area working outwards. I then used Scattered Straw distress ink around the edges.

I stamped the Line&Dot texture stamp using a gorgeous purple paint, then the Distressed Dots texture stamp using a lush Teal paint 

I decided to stamp the Inspired by DaVinci Script stamp over the whole tag using archival ink which I love as it stamps so crisp and dark even over paints and inks so it's perfect for mixed media.

To add a bit of an extra textured look I took a few pen lids and straws which I dapped into wet white and black paints to create the circle bubbles this was a sudden brain wave moment for a previous shows samples which I loved so much I had to make some more projects. I love using items from around my home which wouldn't normally be thought of as craft tools/supplies

 
For the sentiment I stamped the Dream Wordage Stamp onto watercolour cards rock that I had already trimmed to size. I then coloured the sentiment first with washes of the same paints from earlier and once dry I inked over two opposite corners using scattered straw distress ink. I matted this onto black cardstock and fixed to the tag using my hot glue gun.

I picked out some paper flowers in similar colours to the paints and inks I used. I dabbed them with black paint and a dry brush to add a darker look to them and fixed to the corners of the sentiment using hot glue gun.

I really like how this one came our as the colours are really lovely and shows mixed media can be pretty too

Thank you so much for visiting today and please come back again soon to see more gorgeous makes from the amazing Bee Crafty Design Team

Krafty Hugs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...