Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Friendship

A little while ago Bev launched a beautiful Steam Punk paper stack on Hochanda. I adore the designs in this collection, In fact they are so wonderful and easily hold their own on a card with very little done to them. Sometimes I think it's so sad to cover them up, so for this project I wanted to use it almost as it is.

This is the sheet I decided to use for this card. You can see from the picture just how much detail makes up the design, is has been fun to read some of the articles as well.

I cut the section I wanted to use, carefully putting the excess away, I didn't want to lose any of the sheet.

To make the image really jump from the background I layered it onto black card, making sure it was only a very thin edge, I didn't want a frame as such, just an edge.

I then stamped the sentiment using black Archival ink onto the paper, over the clock at the top of the sheet. I positioned it so that the number would be at the edge, almost like an old train ticket.

I backed this piece in exactly the same way as before with black card.

Next I created the background. Taking a piece of cream linen card, I stamped the 2 swirly feathers using Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose and Old Paper Distress Inks. Next I blended around the edges with Antique Linen and Old Paper.

Using my alcohol markers, I added colour to the Violin and the lady, bringing her off the page even more. The papers have a beautiful surface and take the colour extremely well.

I coloured some cream crochet lace with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I secured it across my card at the back with tape. I then secured this to a black base card before securing my topper using foam tape. I then positioned and secured the sentiment with Collall 3D glue gel.

I hope you have enjoyed the step by step today along with the finished card. Thank you for taking the time to visit.Take care and Happy Crafting. xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...