Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Marleen DT - Backdrops XL

Hey Blogger
and first of all let me wish you and yours a MERRY CHRISTMAS.
I hope you had an amazing time full of love and way too much food lol.

Its once again wednesday and my turn to share some inspiration for
BeeCrafty..

For today I've had a play with my new stamps..
I ordered some of the backdrop XL stamps. I have had my eye on them for a long time and Im so delighted to finally get my hands on them lol.


 These stamps truly ARE XL and they are amazing. The are the same fantastic quality as all the other BeeCrafty Stamps.. Perfect impression first time and so easy to use.

I decided to just have a play with these, to make a basic background with each of them simply to "get to know" them. I lay down a light background colour of distress ink on my card stock and left to dry. Once totally dry, I stamped my XL stamps with versamark and heat set with clear embossing powder.
I then took a darker colour of distress ink and smothered over my stamped piece.

The clear embossing powder trap the lighter colour so when you add the darker ink, the embossing powder resists the ink and the light colour shows up.



 The 2 cards above are made the same way. I made my backgrounds as above and then used some word dies to cut out my sentiments. I added a darkers mat under to make the letters stamd out a bit more and finished with a few gems (on the brown one).

 
On this one I decided to only use a cut out of my background. I simply too my background and ran it through my bigshot using a start die. (If you dont have a diecutting machine, you can use one of the INKABLES and handcut it)
I matted and layered my star and finished my card with a diecut sentiment and a few sequins.

I had a ton of fun making these 3 wee cards and I look forward to explore more ideas using these XL stamps.

 And that is it from me for today. Thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...