For my first post I decided to make the card below as these stamps were my first purchase from the fabulous Bee Crafty, and what got me hooked :-)
What you will need to make this card -
- BEAUtanicals - Dandelion stamp
- WORDage - Life & Rain stamp
- 7" x 7" white card blank
- Black & white cardstock
- Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers & Salty Ocean)
- Onyx Black Versafine Ink
- Blending tool
- Masking Tape
- Foam Pads
What to do -
- Cut Black & white cardstock to the following measurements ( 2 black squares at 6 1/8" x 6 1/8" and 5 7/8" x 5 7/8", and 2 white squares at 6" x 6" and 5 6/8" x 5 6/8")
- Take the largest of the white squares and blend Peacock Feathers around all the edges. Mat this on to the largest black square, and glue both to the card blank.
- Take the other white square and add a strip of masking tape down the middle. Take Salty Ocean DI and blend from the bottom to just below halfway. Next blend some Peacock Feathers from the top down, and blend both colours where they meet. Remove the masking tape.
- Using Versafine ink, stamp the dandelion at the bottom of the inked section.
- Spritz some water on to your fingertips, and flick it over the inked side of the card. Leave for a few seconds, then blot with kitchen paper. This will give the splattered detail as shown below.
- Stamp the sentiment in the top right corner of the card, again using Versafine Ink.
- Mat this onto the remaining black square, and adhere to the card using foam pads.
Well that's all for my first post....hope I did o.k.! I'll be back next Thursday with another card to share with you all. Until then, happy stamping.