Friday, September 22, 2017

Emily DT - Ally Pally Make and Take

Hi everyone, I had a lovely time at the weekend at Ally Pally. I met lots of lovely people and had a great time running the make and takes.

There were a lot of people who wanted to do the make and take and didn't get a chance because it was full so I thought I'd do a blog this week showing the technique we did at the weekend.

Here are the samples I made:









I started by using ripped paper to mask off the area I wanted to colour. I used Distress Inks and a blending tool to colour the exposed area.

I then used the same colour inks and some of the inkables to add a layer of texture. I used two inkables on each sample and my favourites are the brick wall, the honeycomb and the stars.

I then used a mixture of background stamps in the same colours again to add another layer, still just to the masked off area. The script and crackle background stamps work really well for this.

Once I was happy with the coloured panel, I removed my paper mask and stamped the focal point. I think this looks best in black but it does work in other colours too. I used various Beautanicals stamps and also used the butterflies set on one of them.

I then finished them with a sentiment and mounted them onto black card.

I love this technique and use it a lot. I think the finished effect looks so much more complicated than it actually is and it looks great in any colour and with most stamps.

I hope that everyone liked doing this technique at the weekend and I look forward to seeing lots of cards on the group and in the competition album!

Have a great week!

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...