Thursday, September 07, 2017

Karen DT- Halloween mixed media samples

Good morning crafters

Hope everyone is well and having lots of craft fun xx

I'm back today with my Bee Crafty  DT blog over on Buzzy Goings On At Bee Crafty Blog

Today I'm showing my mixed media DT samples for the recent show on Hochanda

Stamp sets used were:
Skull Background
Skull
Owl
Trick or Treat 
Happy Halloween
Danger Poison
Moon
Pocket Watch
BEAUtanicals : Ground Elder 


Also used:
Inkables : Brick Wall
Dinkables : Chain Link
Distress Oxides : (DO) Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet
Distress Inks  : (DI) Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot
Lustre Luxe: Golden Gate, Sea Green, Moonstone,  Lavender Quartz
Versafine ink
Versmark ink
Heathrough Resistance Acetate
Black embossing powder
Canvas Board
Art boards
Tag Art boards





  • For this sample I covered mdf tag art board with gesso before blending Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet DO all over
  • The skull background was stamped all over in smokey grey versafine ink and the Danger Poison stamps in black onyx versafine 
  • The edges were inked in Black Soot DI
  • The skulls were stamped and heat embossed on heat resistant acetate,  cut out and adhered with wet glue
  • Black spider Web completed this sample




  • The canvas Board was inked with a blend of all the brown DI. These were also used through the Inkables and Dinkables to add colour dimension 
  • The Moon was stamped in the Moonstone Lustre Luxe 
  • I stamped the Pocket Watch,  Ground Elder and Happy Halloween stamps in a combination of the brown DI
  • To add dimension I used Lustre Luxe,  as a texture paste,  through the stencils. I also dragged some Lustre Luxe randomly around the edges of the canvas Board.  This all adds effect and dimension to the canvas
  • The Owl was stamped and heat embossed in black embossing powder,  into heat resistant acetate.  I coloured on the reverse side using Golden Gate and Sea Green Lustre Luxe's.  This was adhered with wet glue, to complete the canvas 



  • The Art board was painted with the Lavender Quartz Lustre Luxe 
  • I used a wet wipe through the Brick Wall stencil to create a background effect
  • I stamped the Moon in the top left corner in Smokey Grey versafine 
  • The edges were stamped with part of the Skull Background stamp, in black onyx versafine, and the Trick or Treat stamped off the edge 
  • The Owl was stamped and heat embossed in black embossing powder, on heat resistant acetate and adhered using wet glue 
  • To complete I adhered some black spider Web across the base
Well I hope you enjoyed looking through these mixed media samples. I LOVED working with these fabulous stamps and products.  Everything is soo versatile and as you can see, they all work so well together.

I'm off now and I'll see you back on the Bee Crafty blog again next Thursday 

Crafty hugs xx 

2 comments:

Ayoti Mittra said...

Hi, very project is beautiful, my favourite one is skull one love it. Hugs xx

CraftyJan said...

I LOVE that skull!! Fab creations ��

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...