Monday, February 19, 2018

Lorre-Anne DT - Twist & Pop card instructions

Hi everyone, for my blog post this week I'm going to share the instructions for the Twist & Pop style of card.  



I made one of these cards for Bevs Hochanda shows last Tuesday using the gorgeous new Egyptian collection of stamps and stencils, and it was very well received, and a lot of people were asking how it was done.  I first seen this card made by the very talented Collette Mitrega, and thought I wanted to give it a go.  I have done this post as a tutorial with lots of photos which will hopefully help show what you need to do.


You need 3 piece of card measuring 4" x 12", 3.5 "x 10" and 3.5" x 8"


Score the 4" x 12" piece at 6" (this is your base card), score the 3.5" x 10" piece at 2.5", 5" and 7.5" (this is where your images will go) and score the 3.5" x 8" piece along the short side at 1 3/4" (this will create your pop mechanism)


Place the 3.5" x 8" piece of card landscape and measure and make a pencil mark at 2 1/4" at each edge then score along these to create an x as shown above.


This is what your mechanism should look like.


Fold along the scorelines to get the shape above.


This is the trickiest bit of the card in my opinion, you want to pinch the sides in to make the shape above.  Burnish your folds really well with a bone folder.


Place some red liner tape to the area shown above, on both sides.


Open up the base card portrait and stick the mechanism just under the crease, in the centre.  Peel off the red liner tape on the top side and fold the card closed.


Your card base should now look the picture above.


This is a side view of the card base with the mechanism in place.


You now want to take the final piece of card (with it having a Valley, Mountain, Valley fold facing up) and line up the centre mountain fold with the centre of the mechanism.  Holding this in place carefully, fold back one of the outer panels back and draw a pencil line from the top right hand side to the scored line, and from the bottom left hand side to the scored line.  Mark a cross in these boxes.


In the areas I have marked with a cross above is where you will add your red liner tape.


Red liner tape in place.


Peel off the red liner tape and stick one side in place, then repeat with the other side.


This is how your finished card should look.


This is the front of my finished decorated card.  I simply cut mat and layers from black and white card stock to fit the front and back panels.  The above background was made using Blue Brushos, Distress Oxides (Mustard Seed & Faded Jeans), Black Soot Distress Ink, Onyx Black Versafine ink, and Gold gilding wax.  I made a band to keep the card closed by simply taking a 2" by 12" strip of card and wrapping it around the card, cutting off the excess and simply gluing it closed.  Again I cut mats and layers, and created the background using Lemon Brushos, and stamped using Versafine ink.  Just ensure you don't make the band too tight as you want to be able to put it on and take it off easily.


This is the inside of my finished card, and like the front all I did was cut mats and layers to fit the various panels.  I used the same colours as I did for the outside, and blended a good bit of Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges.

I hope the instructions are o.k, but if you have any questions please do get in touch via the blog or the Bee Crafty Stamps page and I will do my very best to help.

I'll be back next week to share the rest of my Hochanda samples, have a great week everyone.

Hugs, Lorre-Anne x

1 comment:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

thank you for the tutorial. your card is gorgeous x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...